Saturday, September 3, 2011

Noelle's baptism

Saturday, September 3 was Noelle's baptism.  I love this picture of her and her dad.  Both of them so cute!

She turned 8 in July, but we postponed the baptism a month so Spencer would be home from scout camp to be here.  And then we found out my dad had to go out of town today, so we got special permission to have our own quick family baptism earlier in the morning than the rest of the stake baptism.  It was so nice to have it be just our family, a couple of quick testimonies (one by Noelle's dad and one by her grandpa) and then be done.


Grandpa talked about how all the Book of Mormon prophets teach about the importance of the Holy Ghost.  It is the last thing that Nephi talks about in the first book of the Book of Mormon, and the last thing that Moroni talks about in the last book of the Book of Mormon.

Mel talked about tools.  Because he's a tool kind of guy.  He talked about how Heavenly Father has given us lots of different kinds of tools to help us along or way, and one most important tool being the Holy Ghost to guide us.

After Noelle came out of the water I gave her a big hug and told her I loved her.  It was a special moment, and I had a feeling similar to the feelings I have when I am in the temple.  I knew I was in the presence of a sweet, clean spirit.  And she sang "I got baptized, I got baptized, I got baptized!"

After the baptism it was, of course, time for food.



Cheers!
I asked Noelle later how she felt.  She said she remembers her dress being really heavy in the water, and it felt like a warm shower.  She remembers that in the confirmation her dad called her by name and gave her the Holy Ghost.

Pretty girl in a pretty dress


No comments:

Post a Comment