So I'm getting tired of trying to be insightful and funny on my personal blog. Also I am proud of the fact that I haven't blogged in months and I don't feel guilty about it. So, here's some updates on the family, because that's easier to blog about.
Melissa turns 16 (June 5, 2010)
We enjoyed a 5 day relax-and-do-nothing vacation in St. George over Melissa's birthday. I love it when I can get teenagers to wear party hats.
Melissa and Spencer go on Pioneer Trek (June 9-12, 2010)
Thanks to a handy neighbor, I didn't have to make Melissa's dress. And thanks to the D.I., Spencer got what he needed for about $30.
End of 2009-2010 school year
Erick finished his first year at Snow College. I haven't seen his grades, but he says he's doing well. He is currently living in an old house with some roommates and working some summer jobs to save for next year.
Melissa finished 10th grade at West Jordan High School and also passed Driver's Ed. She's currently logging driving hours so she can get her license. She worked really hard all year and did well. Even in honors English.
Spencer finished 8th grade at West Jordan Middle School. He completed his 2nd year of playing the oboe in the band with awesome teacher Mrs. Flygare. He even had a solo part in the end of year concert. He got great grades overall, in spite of the many days he missed due to some health problems.
Shannen finished 7th grade at Hawthorn Academy. She enjoyed her drama class and after school choir and art. She did not enjoy Spanish. She made some new friends, dealt with Junior High issues like sticking lockers and trying to manage 7 different teachers. She did great.
I only have a picture of Noelle at her end of year program for 1st grade at Hawthorn Academy. Noelle is one of the best readers in her class. Her teacher, Mrs. Steffensen, was the best 1st grade teacher any of my kids have ever had. I was room mom this year and spent time every week volunteering in the classroom. We both loved her and will miss her terribly. We are, however, very much looking forward to a summer full of no homework.
My sister Annie gets married to Curtis (May 7, 2010)
"Annie is music to me"
awwww.
3 Girlies Expecting Babies (due August, September and October, 2010)
The results are in:
The results are in:
I'm having a girl in August, Jessica is having a boy in September (or August, since she's usually early), and Katie is having a boy in October. 3 new babies for the Rasmussen Clan.
Shannen turns 12 (January 27, 2010)
Shannen had been looking forward to this day for a very long time. Finally, she gets to join her older siblings on youth nights at church. She's out of primary and never has to sing in another primary program again. Hooray!
And then there's the home addition. Ick. We are currently living in the addition and enjoying it. We still have not passed the final inspection, but that's coming soon. Pictures to come later, because it's just all too much.
I like it when you blog. Even if it's just family updates that I already know about. I like the pictures. And you don't have to try to be insightful or funny. Just write what's in your head and heart. I don't care about insight or humor. I just care about you and what you think about. As long as you're genuine, people will like what you write.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Glad to read a nice family post. But no pressure to continue...I'm proud of you for not feeling guilty about not blogging. We Rasmussens and our guilt complexes.
ReplyDelete